Welcome to the Getting Starting Article tailored specifically to the BitMEX Exchange. In the article below, you will find the steps required to generate the API in BitMEX before then adding it to your Autoview Console.
*Please note this guide can be used for both BitMEX and BitMEX (Testnet) Practice accounts*
Granting permission and enabling the BitMEX Exchange in Autoview
- Click on the Autoview Extension and go to .
- Click on Permissions on the Left Navigation Bar.
- Grant access to the BitMEX Exchange.
- Now click on BitMEX under Exchanges to open the BitMEX settings and move onto the next step. We will return here once we've generated the ID and Secret in BitMEX.
Generating the ID and Secret in BitMEX
Now that you are in the BitMEX Settings in the Autoview Console, you will need to return to your BitMEX Account to obtain the ID and Secret that will be entered here.
- Once signed back into BitMEX, click on Account.
- Click on API Keys.
- Enter the name(optional), CIDR(optional) and select the Key Permissions (NOTE: be sure to read Order/Order Cancel breakdown below).
- Click on Create API Key to generate the key.
- Copy both the ID and the Secret one at a time from BitMEX to your Autoview Account Settings that you opened in the first section of this article.
- Once copied, perform a test by clicking Test Credentials.You should see a Green Banner confirming a successful test.
- Finally click Save Accounts in the top right corner of the Autoview Console where you will receive another Green Banner confirming the update.
If you would like to now perform your first Test Alert, please refer to the knowledge article titled Testing and Debugging Guide and follow the steps provided.