Welcome to the Getting Starting Article tailored specifically to Tradovate. In the article below, you will find the steps required to generate the API in Tradovate before adding it to your Autoview Console.
Granting permission and enabling Tradovate in Autoview
- Click on the Autoview Extension and go to.
- Click on Permissions on the Left Navigation Bar.
- Scroll down until you see "Tradovate / Tradovate Simulation
- Click the little icon on the right hand side to enable Tradovate as shown below.
Now click on "Tradovate / Tradovate Simulation" so it can take you to the Tradovate website.
Generating the ID and Secret in Tradovate
Once you're on the front page of Tradovate, you will need to either sign in with your existing account or register a new one to get started.
After signing in, choose the appropriate environment you want to trade in from the 3 options available. (Access Simulation Environment, Access Market Replay, Apply for a Live Account)
For this guide, we are going to stick with "Access Simulation Environment".
1. Once you're logged in click "Application Settings" at the top right hand side of the trading home screen.
This will take you to the settings page.
2. From the Settings page, navigate over to the "Add-Ons" section and purchase the "API Access" by clicking the Activate button and paying a minimum of $25 a month.
3. After purchasing the "API Access", you can now head over to the "API Access" tab and click "Generate API Key".
4. Give your API Key a nickname and allow full access (Example below).
When finished click "Generate" and copy the CID and Secret.
Example (this is what will be shown): cid: 154, secret: c5c0ff2f-45cb-481b-9d07-46a87b38712c
6. After generating the new API Key head back to Autoview and find "Tradovate" under the "Exchanges" tab on the left side of the page.
Click Tradovate > Scroll up and click “+ Add Account” > Enter your Account Credentials.
when finished, submit by clicking Test Account.
When you copy and paste your API key information, please make sure you paste the keys into a word document and verify that there are no additional spaces being added by Tradovate. Once confirmed that it is 100% correct, you should be good to go.
-The star * icon is default and should be used if you only have one key, name your account when running multiple accounts/keys.
-Your username and password will be the same one you use to log into your Tradovate account)
7. Once tested successfully, click on Save Accounts where a second green banner should appear to confirm success.
It is important to note that when trading with Tradovate Live using Autoview is that upon your first order request, you will receive an "access denied" error which will prompt an email from Tradovate. That email will ask you to approve the device running Autoview. Once approved, everything should work as expected.